News from Paris.
On the 29th May 2012 at the Aero-Club de France in Paris, French Deaf pilot Henri received une Médaille de l’Aéronautique (medal of aeronautics) from Mr. Patrick de Rousiers, French Air Force 5-stars General.
Below are Henri’s achievements which led to him receiving this honour.
- Licensed Ultralight Motorized pilot in 1986 in France
- Passed the written tests of Commercial Pilot and IFR rating in 1987 in France
- Licensed Private Pilot in the USA in October 1990
- First Solo flight done in France in April 1991
- Winner of the international deaf pilots contest in the USA in July 2002
- Certified Ultralight Motorized Aircraft Instructor since early 2004
- Multi-Engine Rating since May 2006
- Founder-president of « Aéro-Club des Sourds de France » (French Aero-club of the Deaf – Ex IDPA-France) since 1996
- Co-founder of Handicapped Pilots Committee at Aéro-Club de France in April 1997
- Honour Reward Medal of Aéro-club de France in March 2003
- Licensed Private Pilot in the United Kingdom in October 2004
- Licensed Private Pilot in France in October 2008
- Medal of Aeronautics (highest award in the French aeronautical world) in May 2012
- Flying experience: about 1,800 flight hours (including 1,072 aircraft and 720 Ultralight / microlight types) since 1984